My last official day at my day job is September 14th so it seems time for another edition of Random And Recent Projects. Here are my random and recent projects from the last few weeks:
- Job hunt! Job hunt! Job hunt! I am an experience senior technical writer with writing experience across multiple industries. Check out my LinkedIn Profile for more information about my professional experience, background, and links to my published writing. Contact me to request a resume, secure my services for a project, or to bring me in for an interview.
- Opening myself up to contracting again. I was a staff employee for three years after spending a big chunk of my professional technical writing career as a contractor. As my availability page states, Will Kelly is now available for a new full-time or contract position in the Washington, DC/Northern Virginia area beginning September 17, 2012. The big focus for me right now is to get back to writing on a challenging project sometime soon.
- Writing more for CNET TechRepublic.com. While my work regularly appears on the Tablets in the Enterprise and Smartphones blogs, you may see my name pop up in other parts of the site.
- Bought an Android tablet. I purchase a Google Nexus 7 tablet because I wanted to learn about what Android so I can open myself up to some Android tablet writing assignments after being solely focused on iOS for a while now.
- Learning Joomla. I migrated willkelly.com to Drupal last year in a fit of boredom and desire to learn something new. Now, I am building a site out using Joomla that should go online sometime in October.
- Reading. I’ve been doing a lot of professional reading and got some interesting personal reading done by the pool last summer.
- Office 365. I’ve been keeping my SharePoint skills sharp using Office 365.
This isn’t my first layoff so I am not letting myself grow complacent and in fact I am looking forward to what the future holds.