Now that my day job went POOF on Friday due to budgets cuts, I am hitting it early this morning because I am back to freelancing at least for the interim. While the market is still in bad shape and the threat of Sequestration looms over the local federal government contracting community, I have plans and feeling hopeful about what’s next for me professionally.
Here is my plan for the week:
- A lot of TechRepublic writing to do which makes me happy because I have some topics I pitched to my editors that really excite me. My previous job kept me away from the keyboard way too much sometimes so I am glad to be back at it.
- Writing some more for The Mobility Hub about mobile security which is another area that excites me.
- Kick off of a freelance technical writing project.
- Exploring some new markets for my work.
- Following up on job leads.
- Reconnect with some old professional contacts and clients.
- Continue the proper care and feeding of my LinkedIn Profile.
- Get back to a better gym schedule and back to Spinning class.
- Get back online and maybe even participate in an online forum or social media again after being on a secure site during business hours for the past three years.
I am busy and have a lot to be thankful for right now. This puts me into a way different place than I’ve been in during previous layoffs.