2018: The good and the bad
2018 was quite a year. In some ways, I call it the year of the cloud because it took so much of my professional attention as a writing topic. I hope to maintain the same focus on the cloud and related topics in 2018.
Here’s how my 2018 went:
- Got to dive further into cloud computing related topics thanks to my day job
- Found the same level of passion for the cloud as I have with enterprise mobility
- Spent some quality time updating and revising posts from a now offline personal blog and republished the updated posts to this blog and Medium (Continuation of a personal project from 2017)
- Took vacations to Ocean City, MD and Miami Beach, FL over the summer which let me unplug and digitally detox from work
- Began writing about DevOps for DevOps Agenda and later SearchITOperations.com (both TechTarget sites)
- Kept up with going to circuit training at the gym on a regular basis
- Still navigating the Thyroid industrial establishment after the medication that worked so well for me got taken off the market.
GrewStayed tired of the political drama and theatre that gets all the headlines in this country
- Had to replace the HVAC unit in my house
- Spent way too much time worrying about work
- Got caught flat-footed when a regular freelance client ceased publishing last summer