TagsAdobe Acrobat Collaboration Dropbox Evernote Facebook Freelance Technical Writer Google Apps Google Apps for Business Google Apps Marketplace Google Docs Google Wave iOS iPad iPhone Job Hunting LinkedIn Mac Macintosh Messiah UMC Jobs Ministry Messiah United Methodist Church Jobs Ministry Microsoft Microsoft Office Microsoft Office 2010 Microsoft OneNote Microsoft SharePoint Microsoft Word OneNote OneNote 2010 Productivity Project management Resume Senior Technical Writer SharePoint SharePoint 2010 Social Media Technical documentation Technical Document Reviews Technical Writer Technical Writing TechRepublic Telecommuting Thyroid Twitter Will Kelly Writing and Editing
- Factor mobile ERP and CRM into BYOD planning
- Postponed my usual Saturday writing day for crawfish!
- Huddle: a worthy SharePoint alternative for client collaboration
- Another interesting day @FOSE. Some good meetings and briefings. Tomorrow back to my regularly scheduled writing…and deadlines!2013/05/15 18:36
- More briefings on tap for #FOSE tomorrow. Face to face briefings are such a nice change from phone, WebEx, and Gotomeeting based briefings.2013/05/14 19:33
- Huh, there is a potential smart move here. BlackBerry Messenger on iPhone and Android: A Big Move Made Too Late?
- Interesting vendor briefing this morning made my cold trip downtown worthwhile. More briefings on tap for tomorrow. #FOSE20132013/05/14 10:25
- How to access Microsoft Office 365 from an Android tablet
- Just got a #FOSE related PR pitch with my name and 46 others in the To: field. Let the FOSE related #PR fails begin!2013/05/09 13:11
- Old hands, new buttons: Pilot program teaches seniors how to use the Internet via @washingtonpost
- Factor mobile ERP and CRM into BYOD planning
Category Archives: Projects
March 23, 2012 – 8:46 pm
My post Six reasons why the tablet will replace the desk phone just went live on the Tablets in the Enterprise Blog on TechRepublic.com. I just started writing for them so look forward to future posts from me about tablet use in the corporate enterprise.
December 29, 2011 – 1:15 pm
While in the end, 2011 was a good year for me, I still have a lot of work ahead of me both personally and professionally to get to where I want to be in this part of my life. Here are some lessons I learned this year:
September 5, 2011 – 6:44 pm
I recently wrapped up a technical writing and reviewing project and I am now available for part-time technical writing projects that can be accomplished from my home office. Currently, my availability is 15-20 hours per week and I can be available for phone calls towards the end of the business day EST.
My strong and diverse technical writing experience includes:
- Writing articles on technology and project management related topics for publication.
- Writing user guides and online help for cloud based applications.
- Writing and editing policies and procedures for IT and process driven organizations.
- Reviewing and updating legacy technical documents.
- Conducting technical reviews on computer book manuscripts.
My Industry experience includes:
- Federal government contracting
- Higher Education
- Online and Print Publishing
- Internet Services
You can read more about my technical writing experience on my professional site or LinkedIn profile. I am motivated, responsive, and deadline conscious when it comes to my writing and editing projects.
Please contact me for further information about my availability for technical writing projects.
March 19, 2011 – 2:54 pm
I am now available for part-time technical writing projects that can be accomplished from my home office. Currently, my availability is 15-20 hours per week and I am able to make conference calls towards the end of the business day EST. My strong and diverse technical writing experience includes:
- Writing articles on technology and project management related topics for publication
- Writing user guides and online help for cloud based applications
- Reviewing and updating legacy technical documents
- Conducting technical reviews on computer book manuscripts
March 19, 2011 – 2:51 pm
I am coming to the end of a side technical writing project and we made the decision to publish the two customer facing documents I wrote to a wiki (DokuWiki to be precise). It has been a while since I’ve published documentation to a wiki platform so this project has gotten me to rethink my stance on wikis as a documentation publishing platform.
My previous wiki experience has been relegated to largely writing documents directly into a wiki so I was looking forward to the document migration. Along the way, I came to reconsider the following lessons:
March 10, 2011 – 6:04 pm
A friend asked me the other week how do I keep on top of so many topics and changing technologies. I’ve never thought about it since it has become second nature to me over the years. I guess it goes back to when I was a kid, I read the newspaper everyday and I guess the habit carried itself into adulthood and morphed accordingly.
I helps that technology is a passion of mine combined that being an English Major in college taught me to change gears quickly when I am researching multiple topics. While the technologies I’ve documented over the years has changed, my research method has always helped me turn my attentions so I can keep pace.
February 26, 2011 – 1:58 pm
I’ve had to give myself a crash refresher course in RoboHelp due to an upcoming project. It’s been a welcome change for me with the added challenge that I work on a training team where I am the only writer by vocation. This means a big part of my job has been to educate management and my colleagues about online help development and best practices. It’s also nice to be back on new product development again. My current contract is up in July and this project has definitely made me miss new product development.
Spending time on educating my management and colleagues about online help made me really look at online help development at the fundamental level again.
The one thing I had to reconsider almost immediately is my online help workflow/process including:
December 18, 2010 – 5:24 pm
As 2010 comes to a close, I have a couple of projects cooking so I can end out 2010 and start 2011 on a high note.
- Moving my blog from its long time home on TypePad to WordPress and its own domain.
- Working on be as well informed as I can about all matters thyroid after my surgery in October.
- Working hard on getting my groove back .
My hope 2011 is going to be a better year than 2010 both personally and professionally.
What projects are you working on?